Sunday, February 6, 2011

Baby Bear

That is your nickname..Because of all of your dark hair..You are amazingly beautiful. Seriously. Mommy has seen some pretty babies, you top ALL of them. Really.

You are doing very, very well. Today, mommy read your records, and baby bear, you came out not breathing. You had to be stimulated, and you imm. got a CPAP. It was extremely scary and touch and go. Mommy is really, really glad that daddy kept this information to himself. When I read it today, it just took the wind right out of me. It wasn't that long ago baby, and there could have been a much different outcome. Mommy & daddy thank God every day for you, for how well you have done, how well you continue to do. It still breaks my heart that you had to be in the NICU at all, and if we never have to go through this again, that will be just fine. And on that note, today, Val, your NP asked me what I was doing on Tuesday, I responded "I'll be right here." And she informed me that, if you keep up your eating and weight gain..Then you get to come home Tuesday. Oh my goodness. This makes mommy nervous too!! But happier then anything else, and relieved. Going to the NICU all the time is very tiring, for both of us. Having you home, I think, will be easier on both of us. Also, your going to meet your doggie, Allie, we'll have to see what she thinks about you. I think she'll love you, but she doesn't know her size, so we'll have to be really careful. Grandma (and maybe grandpa) live so close that they will be living w/us til daddy is home for good. We are really lucky that they are so close. Grandma helped mommy while you were on the inside, and has been a Godsend since you were born.  Oh, and also, you LOVE to nurse. You are a fan of the boobs. In fact, you nursed for 2 hours today..lol. Mommy didn't realize you were just "snacking," and I got you completely off schedule. Oh well. You didn't need a bottle, and got all of your fill from mommy. We are naturals at nursing..pumping, not so much, but another NP explained that once you are home, we'll be nursing "on demand" probably every 2hrs, and that will establish my supply, which will make pumping, when I go back to work, easier. Oh baby, you'll be home soon, mommy & daddy and everyone else are SO excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment