Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Beautiful Daughter

You are one week old today..How have I not posted about this? Because you decided to choose your own due date..and though that meant you got to meet mommy & daddy on your timeline, it also means your 5 weeks early..And currently in the NICU. Which scares mommy to pieces, but you are doing amazing. You weighed 6lbs9oz at birth, which is HUGE for a preemie. Had you gone full term, you would have been over 9lbs. So maybe mommy is glad you came early..You are gorgeous. The most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Raven hair and dark green eyes. You have your daddy's hands & feet and mommy's lips and nose. My goodness, I am so in love with you. I tear up just thinking about it. I hope you don't remember any of your time in the NICU. Everyone tells me you won't. I certainly hope you don't remember that I have to leave you at night. I can't help it. The hospital won't let me spend the night w/you. It kills mommy to leave every night. The first day I cried all day. And each day since, tears fall for something. But baby, don't think anything of it. Mommy just worries. You stay in the NICU just as long as you need too. Get all better. Get back to your birth weight. Get to eating all your food. That way, you can get home. You are nursing like a champ, but my supply only seems to come in when I'm near you.  When I pump, not so great. I'm supposed to pump like I would be feeding you, seems like thats all I do. But baby girl, you are so completely worth it. And my sweet darling, you have healed mommy's heart, and daddy's too. We lost 5 babies before we had you, and those 5 babies sent you us. They sent you to us to help us heal, to show us the reason why it took us so long to get to you. You are a miracle. Oh my goodness. I am just so in love with you. And you have your daddy wrapped around your little finger already. We love you baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment